Friday, January 29, 2016

Art Vs Life.

I am amazed by this photo taken by my dear friend @Glendyn_Ivin at the Musé du Louvre. It has really triggered something in me. It is asking me a lot of questions about what technology is bringing to the human experience. Are people just so very desperate for a quick hit in this culturally homogenized western world for inspiration? Is this just double shot espresso cultural fix? Does technology actually engineer separation from the real moment? Are our lives being enhanced through technology and from this yearning to connect? So many questions! This iconic painting by the the renaissance visionary Leonardo da Vinci is undoubtedly the most ‘famous’ fine art piece in the world. From the experience relayed to me by Glendyn of the frenetic feeding frenzy that occurred in the vicinity of this image I can’t help but think what are people really wanting to obtain from being in the presence of this image? Is Leonardo cringing every time a selfie stick emerges and a pout protrudes? But secretively is this what every artist truly wants? For their art to be admired by the whole human spectrum? But to me the question that lingers is, to be admired for what? The number of likes on the ‘Gram’? A few years ago I sat in Australia’s National Gallery in Canberra and observed the work of art by Jackson Pollock, “Blue poles”. I sat there for a long time forming a relationship with that image, getting deeply lost in the layers of creative flow. I ended up buying a poster of the image to facilitate the longevity of this memory from this beautiful experience. However, the experience just wasn’t the same. I am glad though that I took the time to emotionally immerse myself in the art work. To saturate my soul with the colour and boldness of Pollock’s artefact of creativity. I am so glad that in my being I have this moment of adoration captured by my heart and not a device. I am also so fortunate to be inspired by the many walking and talking works of art in my life. No line ups, tickets or frames required. Life as a living gallery. And maybe that is why I want to look into Mona Lisa’s eyes face to face and not through FaceTime. Image Credit: Glendyn Ivin www.hoaxville.com

More on Hoaxville.com (link in bio) #hoaxvillearchive #wtf

A photo posted by Glendyn Ivin (@glendyn_ivin) on

No comments:

Post a Comment